Tuesday 1 March 2016

88. 1500m

Event: 1500m
Date: 28th February 2016
Location: Colchester Athletics Track 
Cost: Free
Rules:  Runners race 3 & 3/4 laps around a 400m track. It is the biggest middle-distance track event in athletics. It places high emphasis on aerobic endurance and requires a slightly lower sprint speed than shorter distance events.



The Event: 



 
                     
Times:
Olympic Gold Medal London 2012: 4:10.23, Asli Cakir Alptekin, Turkey.
Sarah: 9:48.22
Ellie: 16:05.02
 
Comments:  
Sarah: With slightly blurry heads after an ale festival yesterday, we weren't especially looking forward to the 1500m! We had some excellent pacemakers who gave us encouragement during the race, and it was very much a case of 'head-down and get on with it'!. My normal mile time is about 11mins (1500m is just shy of 1 mile), and after only recently starting up running training again after two operations on my leg at the end of last year, I was really pleased with my time.  
         
Ellie: I don't enjoy the long 'runs'. I'm not build for any sort of running and I find it quite boring. So today I just tried to think of it as a brisk walk that I made brisker with each lap. I even managed to 'run' the last 100m or so - that's the best result I can hope for!
 
 
Thanks and high-fives to Eliza and Rachel for being our pacemakers and cheering squad!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment